Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Your personal growth affects your style

I'm going to ask you a personal question...and be honest. Have you ever had one of those days where everyone is simply getting on your LAST nerve? It's that one thing after the next that is just so aggravating!  Have you ever had one of those days where you are just tired of everything and everyone around you? Well, if I'm honest with you, I'd have to say that yes, I've had those days where I felt that way.  But I will tell you because of personal growth, those days have become far less than before. Why you might ask? Because I was introduced to some simple teaching that not only helped to change my outlook on things, but has helped all types of relationships.  Then it hit me! Your attitude is one of your BEST NATURAL accessories... So you can LITERALLY change your overall look, but changing that one simple thing! So, are you ready for a secret? Simply changing your mindset, can change your overall look! You can be wearing a paper bag and be stunning with this one simple adjustment. 

The reality is,  I had to be willing to say "OK, what could I have done to make this situation better?" "Can I be provoking these emotions by the words that I'm speaking?"  Not only, do I have total control over my look, but I also have total control over my mental state, AND emotional well being... With that I was on to something :) But I knew in order for my style to be sharp, my mindset had to be sharper!  I had to lend an ear to wise counsel to make that better. So, here's what I found (maybe it will help you too). 


One of the first things I had to learn was stop making excuses and excepting excuses.  I learned this from  one of my mentors Dani Johnson.  "They did this and now I'm... " or "I can't because..." or whatever it is that you make yourself try to believe. Facts are, these are all excuses.  I had to realize that expelling excuses from my mindset and stop searching for a reason not to get things done, is really a bunch of foolishness, and is ultimately, not a good look :). 

Secondly, find what you are holding onto from your past and then forgive.  Yep, even the people that hurt you most.  Think about it...The bags and dark circles that you have under your eyes because of a lack of sleep due to worry does NOTHING for you! Trust me. The people that you are holding grudges against have gone on and are doing their own thing not thinking about you. So, why do you let their mess control YOUR attitude and YOUR mental well being? It makes no sense right... 

Then, improve your skills where you lack them... For example, if you have a problem dealing with the people at your job, fix YOU, invest in YOU and gain skills to help you where you are lacking.  The cool thing is, when you master that new skill, you handle any challenge with confidence, refinement, and grace...which will make any outfit look good on you :) (shhhh It's a LaJule Woman's best kept secret).  

Lastly, don't give up! Don't let situations you can't control define you. You can only change YOU. You are strong, and amazing! Believe that.  

Check out how my mentor Dani Johnson shares how her personal growth has helped her overcome the odds.. You listen to her story, and I bet you'll say "Now, that's stylish!"
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment