Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Five minute fix

Many of us have a busy day to day schedule. If I'm anything close to what I know many of you experience, just thinking about your days makes me get out of breath.  Have you ever been in a position where there is only about 10 minutes between one appointment to the next?! If this is the case for you, here are some tips that I have learned  to make the transition go smoothly in much less time. Just this past weekend, I went to phenomenal finance, relationship, and business conference where we were asked one day to come in business dress. I wanted to take something that was quick to throw on, and not constricting (especially being in HOTlanta), I went for a good ol' throwback... a retro style shift dress. I was NOT about to iron everything that I had... and I was NOT about to fuss over much of anything else... It was simply just to hot for all of that.  SO, literally, with a shake and go put this outfit together in 5 minutes! 


Literally, throwing on this fuchsia sleeveless shift dress, and a pair of nude pumps and was out the door after putting my hair up into a sectioned bun and modifying the traditional afro puff. (Leave a message in the comments below to let me know if you want me to show you how I did that bun).  You can literally pair nude, black, metallic, fuchsia, or even royal blue pumps with this easy to wear dress... like this... 


Don't worry about the green band, not really intended to be part of the outfit, but part of the admission for a conference I was headed to. I absolutely love shift dresses, because most of them are easy to wear, perfect for many body types, and wrinkles just fall right out of this one. You should consider one being in your closet if you are a woman who has a busy schedule or always on the go. 

By adding a black blazer to the dress, she has drastically changed the look and added a little more drama. With just that one adjustment, you can go from casual to business in a snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment