Tuesday, March 19, 2013

LaJule Chronicles: Thoughts of a Fashionista



Right now, my mind is blown a little bit.  I've been thinking about this all week.   For the last several months, I have been committing to do some more reading.  I have committed to reading books that feed me and help to recharge and refocus my thinking a bit.  It was just time for a recharge. The really peculiar thing about it is have no idea why I’m surprised by the revelation that I've gotten during this time.  It’s not like I've never read this one particular book before, nor is it like this is something new to me…but over the last few weeks, it’s like the light bulb went off and everything (why all of those tears were shed, why I've been feeling pulled in a particular direction, why certain people have come into my life, why some have left and why others have come and stayed there) just makes sense to me now.  I’m sure you have felt that way too…when you were just looking for something new and some answers to some questions that you've had for a long time.  Well, let me tell you, if you are in that same place as I am right now, this one is a pretty good read. 

This book has so much meat and information, and it’s actually pretty entertaining.  If you are anything like me, I know you love a good read with a little bit of drama too—even as much as your Thursday night Scandal fix or your favorite day time soap opera!  I’ll tell you a little about what’s in this book without spoiling the whole story.   If you've read it, you will remember the story of a man who was loved and respected by many people who ended up taking another man’s wife for his own.  (You know that husband wanted to lay hands on him right).  Then you may also remember that person who is jealous of someone like you and tried to set his “friend” up for a fall? Or you may remember the part about the person that struggled with self-esteem all his life.  Oh yeah, let me tell you, in fact I just remembered! You should have read that part about girl who this guy fell in love with and she totally betrayed him and sold him out for some money! Maybe you remember yourself in that same situation.  Better yet, you should read the part about when a man who was willing to be killed and died so that he could save other people he loved more than life itself.  Man, for real, once you start to understand really what’s going on, it’s truly a really good story book.   There are sooo many other things there too.  For example, if you want to know how to run your business, how to make more money and how to lose it all, how to stay in good health, how you should love and how someone should love you, how to lead your family, and more, it’s all right there,  all in one place.

You are probably like, ok, LaShana, what’s the name of this book and where can I get it? Well, you probably already have access to it right now, It’s called the Bible.  “What? The Bible” you ask? Yep, I said that. I have never been someone that has been considered to be a “bible thumper”, a “scholar” or anything close to that, but it blows my mind how many things we deal with on a day to day basis  is talked about and is very apparent and obvious. 

So why is this something that has been on my mind lately? I really don’t know. I think it’s because when I've found that when people think about it like that, it becomes relatable. It becomes easier for people to accept.   I’ve run across people who are not turned off by the traditional idea of a “bible study” is or that “old school” idea of how to learn it.  When people consider “reading the Bible” they think of some “chore” or something that is “boring”, but when you really get into it… but trust me, it is something that is totally different! It is full of so much action!

The thing that really blows my mind is the fact that people still don’t believe it’s true.  I’m not here to attack anyone, nor am I here to question anything that you believe or you don’t believe.  What I am saying is the same things that we actually deal with in life, hear about, and have even personally experienced ourselves, it is all right there. That, you can’t dispute. The drama and the lessons like what is described all in this book has been going on since forever.   People have made movies, written books; have taught classes on various subjects all with the same underlying story lines. That you can’t dispute; nor can you dispute the results people get on a daily basis from what is taught. Seriously, it’s like reading a juicy book that is non-fiction!

When you see someone who has struggled with self-esteem issues all their life is lifted up, or when someone is falsely accused of a crime is redeemed, or even when someone is in jail and prospers…it’s going to be hard for you to tell me that you don’t know someone who has been in those situations, or maybe those people are you. 

So, you may ask, LaShana, where is all of this coming from? Well friend, I say all of this to say, beauty is something that comes from the inside out.  It’s not just something that you can just dress up or camouflage and fake to make look pretty.  You really have to feed your mind, spirit, body and soul.  I don’t know what you have experienced in the past, or if you have had successes or failures with other sources you have tapped into, but all I know is,  if you have been looking for a good book lately to get your hands on, or just a source of where you can get little bit of direction on how you can actually improve your life, get out of debt, regain your confidence, find love that is uncompromising, then take a look, and let me know what you think.  I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
 xoxo, LaJule 


No comments:

Post a Comment